NCE02048 did you want to tell me something ? 你想对我说些什么吗?

NCE02048 did you want to tell me something ? 你想对我说些什么吗?

dentist
pull
pull out a tooth 拔掉一科牙
cotton 棉花
cotton wool 医棉
collect 收集
collection 收藏品
nod 点头
meanwhile 同时
remove 除去,拿走
why did the writer become very worried ? 为什么作者会变得非常担心?
did you want to tell me something ? 你想对我说些什么吗?
Dentists always ask questions 牙科医生们总是向你提出问题
when it is impossible for you to answer 在你无法作出回答的时候
My dentist had just pulled out one of my teeth 我的牙科医生刚刚给我拔掉了一颗牙
for a while 暂时
and had told me to rest for a while 叫我休息一会儿
I tried to say something 我想说点什么
but my mouth was full of cotton-wool 但我的嘴里满是棉絮
He knew I collected match boxes 他知道我收集火柴盒
and asked me whether my collection was growing 于是问我收藏的火柴盒是否在增加
He then asked me how my brother was 接着他又问我的兄弟近来如何
and whether I liked my new job in London 我是否喜欢我在伦敦的新工作
In answer to these questions 作为对这些问题的回答
I either nodded or made strange noises 我要么就点头,要么就发出奇怪的叫声
either the letter got lost or you didn’t write to me at all 要么信丢了要么你根本没给我写信
i will call you,either this evening or tomorrow morning. 我今天晚上或明天早上给你打电话。
you are either with us or you are not. 你要么跟我们一边的,要么就不是。
Meanwhile 同时
at the same time. 同时
be busy doing something 忙于做某事.
search out 找出。找到
my tongue was busy searching out the hole 我的舌头正在忙着寻找伤口
librarian 图书管理员
the librarian finally searched out the book i wanted. 图书管理员终于找到了我想要的那本书
where the tooth had been 刚拔掉的那颗牙的伤口
I suddenly felt very worried 我突然非常着急起来
but could not say anything. 但却什么也说不出来
remove something from someplace 把东西从某个地方拿走
removed the cotton-wool from my mouth 把棉毛从我的嘴里拿走
took the cotton-wool out of my mouth 把棉毛从我嘴里拿出来
When the dentist at last removed the cotton-wool from my mouth 当牙医最后把棉毛从我嘴里取出来的时候
was able to 特殊情形下能够…
I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth 他拔错了牙
topic sentense 主题句
make progress 取得进展
he has made progress. 他已经取得了进步
you never do a job properly 你没有一件工作做得像样
make up one’s mind 下决心
why can’t you make up your mind ? 为什么你不能下定决心
i have to go out now.i must do some shopping. 我现在得出去了。我一定要去买一些东西
do me a favour. will you ? 帮我一个忙,好吗?
don’t make such a noise . 别发现这样的声音.
you have just made a mistake 你刚才犯了一个错误
he always does his best. 他总是尽其所能
Absent-minded 心不在焉的
Absent-minded dentist 心不在焉的牙医

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *